Watermelon
Fourth of July
Fireflies
Fried okra
Garage saling
Homemade ice cream
Daniel in swimming trunks
Hammocks
Locusts singing at night
Fresh tomatoes
Fireworks
Cannas blooming
Sweet corn
Smell of fresh cut grass
Barbecues
Fried fish and wilted lettuce
Thunderstorms
Fall is the next season!
Brian said this last one shouldn't count, but I think it certainly should. What do you like about summer?Fourth of July
Fireflies
Fried okra
Garage saling
Homemade ice cream
Daniel in swimming trunks
Hammocks
Locusts singing at night
Fresh tomatoes
Fireworks
Cannas blooming
Sweet corn
Smell of fresh cut grass
Barbecues
Fried fish and wilted lettuce
Thunderstorms
Fall is the next season!
6 comments:
"Daniel in swimming trunks" lol!!! He is sooooo cute! Love the photo with this post.
Late evening walks. Whether it be alone in thought, with my spouse just chatting, with my kids while I answer continous questions of "what's that?", or with friends just listening to them talk about their lives. Walks are a nice thought when I think of summer.
And even though I have to get up and go to work the next day. I still feel like a kid that's out of school. As if I'm being given a special treat to stay up later than normal since the sun is still up.
I love the "green" of summer, the wind blowing in my hair, the vibrant colors and fragrant smell of flowers blooming, the smell of freshly cut grass, the sensation of rain on a warm day, the bright sun, and of course (sorry, Melinda), I love the heat of summer! I am a "Summer Girl" -
mlw
I was just thinking--you'll always refer to this as "the summer Daniel was one." Sweet days, savor them.
Mom Linda
I love the longer hours of daylight. I rise to sunlight and for a short period of time I almost go to bed with some daylight still lingering. I love the light shinning in my windows and the freedom I feel to be outside even though it is late.
I love the memories that come back to me! When I see june bugs I think of summer nights at Aunt Anna and Uncle Herb's house and my brother Mike and Lanny Dale chasing the girls with those crawly june bugs in their hands. When I see fireflies I remember catching them in jars or later driving my first grandbaby, Jade, to the lake near our home to see a million little flickering lights and watching her amazement! When I taste fresh tomatoes I think of my Grandma Opal convincing me to enjoy them along with Linda and her. When I have homemade icecream or hear other people talking about it, I always think lovingly of my very much missed Aunt Anna and the 4th of July celebrations all the cousins and siblings shared together for so many years.
I loved summer because we had a pool and it was pure joy to me. I miss my pool a lot. Nothing like falling into a pool on a super hot day after you've mown your yard! Bliss!
Isn't it great to live where we have four distinct seasons!
11 hours!!!! I can't sleep that long myself - good job, Danny!
m
Post a Comment