Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oh mercy!

On Saturday afternoon, I was inside doing some chores while Brian and Daniel played outside. As I was going about my business, I thought I heard our lawnmower start. "Oh surely not," I thought. "Must be the neighbor's." Then, I heard a lawnmower go past the window. That was certainly too close to be the neighbor's lawnmower. I quickly went outside, and lo and behold, this is the sight that met my eyes. My little tiny baby boy was riding the lawnmower with his daddy!!!


Now, it is my opinion that a sixteen month old is too young to ride on a lawnmower. However, after being properly horrified, I realized Brian had done two very important things. 1) He had put ear protection on Daniel and 2) He was driving very slowly without running the blade.

So, I decided to make the most of this event and snap some photos. Notice how thoroughly delighted Daniel is. He smiled from ear to ear the whole time and kept trying to steer the thing himself. For hours after riding the mower, he kept going "Vrooooooom.... vroooooooom!" Now, when we go into the garage, he immediately gets the ear muffs, tries to put them on, and motions toward the lawnmower, saying "Vrooooom!" Oh my! What have we started!



No comments: