Monday, June 8, 2009

Garage sale

On Saturday our little hometown had a city-wide garage sale. With oodles of help from our families, Brian and I hosted one at our house. We had items belonging to both of our grandmas, Brian's sister, Brian's mom, and a few things of our own. If you have ever done a garage sale, you know they are LOTS of work! Thankfully, our crew was very energetic and industrious. We brought in over $300 total, so I think that can be considered a success! Most importantly, everyone got rid of their old junk. Hurray!

Brian's sister and mom

Sara, my dad, and Daniel hanging out.


Daniel had fun "shopping" around and trying out the merchandise.

Brian and I managed to do a little garage saling of our own. I found some really cute clothes for Daniel, and Brian got a few coffee mugs. Everyone took turns babysitting Daniel. He wanted to put his little hands on everything! It was a fun, but exhausting day.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

How can he possibly be getting so grown up??? Look at him walking around a being a little boy! You know what this means... time for another.

Melinda said...

Ha! It will be awhile yet, my friend! But then again, every time I tell God when something will happen, I get in trouble. :)

Linda Born said...

I'm so grateful for Sara and Melissia--the real pros on garage sale day. (Note how Grandma Linda studiously ignores Friend Kristen's comment re another pregnancy for daughter Melinda...however, it does occur to me that Daniel isn't going to have much use for that tea set and the paper dolls I have waiting on the shelf...I wonder who else the Lord has for us?!)

Melody Milbrandt said...

May I just say that Brian's family are all cutie pies. No wonder your hubby is so handsome. :) Congrats on clearing $300. That's great! Bet your glad it's over though. Lol.