Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July

The Fourth of July is pretty big business in our little hometown. Brian, Daniel, and I took in many of the local events. We went to the tractor show, transportation show, and dog show, all of which Daniel thoroughly enjoyed. We watched the parade and the fireworks, and Daniel even took his first pony ride. On Sunday, we went to the truck and tractor pull. Oh, and I even entered the cookie contest, and amazingly enough I got first place! Brian saw the cookie recipe on Everyday Food and thought it would be a winner. Anywho, here are some photos of our weekend!

Watching the parade

Grandma Linda and Daniel

His first pony ride!

Daniel was perhaps the only child at the tractor pull whose mom forced him to wear ear muffs.

The men

Watching the tractor pull

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the first pony ride, awwwwwww, that photo is SO cute. He has such a happy and confident look on his face, love it. Mom Linda

Kristen said...

Where's the picture of your cookies... and perhaps a little taste!!!???

Melinda said...

The next time I see you, I will make you an entire batch!

Linda Born said...

I've just noticed Linnie Knight eating cake in the background of the pony ride photo (which I'd blown up to admire fondly). And that the handsome young farmer in the photo with you and Danny is your brother, Jonathan!

Melody said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. And congrats on the first place! :) How fun. Daniel does look mighty confident up there on Mr. Pony. Always enjoy your family's photos.