Thursday, October 2, 2008

On the move

In the past week, Daniel has suddenly become much more mobile. He is constantly moving, wiggling, squirming, stretching, reaching, pushing, and crawling! Yes, he has begun crawling...pretty much. It is sort of a half actual crawl, half army crawl. Regardless, he can get where he wants to go at a pretty quick rate!
This new mobility has posed some interesting challenges. For example, changing his diaper is so much more difficult. He will not lay still! He flips over onto his stomach and attempts to crawl off the changing table. Brian and I have developed a whole range of distraction techniques to keep him occupied. And if we thought changing his diaper was hard, giving him a bath is a hundred times more difficult. It ought to be an Olympic sport. By the time his bath is over, I am practically winded and need a nap. Wow.
The following photo is one that my mom took while I was attempting to change Daniel's diaper. I was trying to put the clean diaper on, but Daniel flipped over and crawled off completely naked. He grabbed my mom's camera strap as she took this photo. What a hoot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...a hoot" is right. Too cute! Man isn't it the truth that it's certainly a whole new world once they are really on the move. I am looking forward to more "moving" stories. ;)

God Bless