After having Daniel, I suddenly became a worrier. Objects and situations that once seemed perfectly safe to me were now the substance of my fears. I cried out to the Lord, asking how I could possibly keep my child safe from all these dangers. How can I be vigilant every moment of every day? The following verses have brought me comfort. I pray they minister to you as well!
He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young. (Isaiah 40:11)
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. (James 1:5)
I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. (Psalm 4:8)
You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. (Isaiah 26:3)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These are wonderful Melinda. I am touched by you sharing not only the scriptures themselves, but what they mean to your mother's heart. How great is Our God to provide for us in our deepest soul's need and desire. Praise His graciousness and love!
Blessings - Melody
Post a Comment