Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Growing
I cleaned out Daniel's closet today and packed up his 0-6 month clothes. After I finished, I sat on the living room floor looking at the plastic keeper with all of his tiny outfits inside. Hmmm. We have come a long way, baby. In some ways, it has gone so fast and in other ways, I feel like Daniel has always been with us. I put the keeper into the back of the closet...with the thought that someday we might have another baby who can wear those clothes. But, it truly seems unimagineable that I could ever love another child as much as I love Daniel. How could my heart hold it all? I am sure it will...somehow. God knows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know exactly what you mean. I remember my anxiety when we were waiting for Jonathan to be born, fearing that I'd never be able to love another child as much as I loved you! But your brother's arrival taught me a lot about how the Lord is able to love each one of us as individuals. I was afraid of having to share the love I had for you in the way you'd divide a dozen roses into two vases. Instead, I got a whole new and unique-to-Jonathan bouquet! Mom
Thanks, Mom. That really does make me feel better!
Such sweetness Melinda. Another marker along your journey. What a wonderful mommy you are. And my heart echos your mom's words exactly. "...a whole new and unique-to-Jonathan bouguet," amen!
I just love that about Our Father God.
I am praying for your family. Hugs to you all this day.
Melody
Post a Comment