Hi bloggy friends! Please forgive me for the long absence. I have been working toward two major goals these past few weeks. The first was to complete a work project that has been hanging over my head since August. I am almost DONE! The second goal was to wean Daniel. Praise the Lord, we have accomplished that one, which means I no longer have to avoid the foods he is allergic to. Welcome back milk, eggs, and nuts! Hello, cheese and butter! Yum-o! My prayer is that Daniel will outgrow these food allergies so that he too can enjoy such scrumtious fare!
Another reason for my blogging absence has to do with a camera malfunction. The cord that enables me to download photos to the computer stopped working. Brian borrowed one from work, so I finally got the birthday party photos off the camera. Here are some of my favorites.

The cake! It took my mom and me an entire afternoon to make it.
Thankfully, we were happy with the results!

Here comes the birthday cupcake!

The first bite!

Daniel and his daddy!

Daniel (making a funny face) and his mama!

Opening presents! Daniel had about 15 family members at his party.
Thank you all for the fun gifts!

One of my all-time favorite photos...my dad reading a book to Daniel.
They are good buds!
3 comments:
That cake is amazing - I'm very impressed! Looks like a great first birthday for Daniel.
Alissa, you have so much to look forward to! Leo will be one before you know it. Each age and stage is better than the one before.
Oh my goodness! Love the cake!! :) Such talent!
I can't believe it has been a year! Where does the time go?!? Didn't we just throw you a baby shower last week? ;)
Post a Comment