Have you ever read the book of Proverbs? And if you have, did you believe it? I mean, really believe it? I recently decided to study Proverbs, and I am amazed by the blessings promised to those who seek wisdom and follow God’s commands. Check out these verses. They just blow my mind!
Proverbs 1:33
Whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.
Proverbs 3:1-2
My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity.
Proverbs 3:9-10
Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.
Proverbs 3:13-18
Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who embrace her; those who lay hold of her will be blessed.
Now, I know enough to be cautious when people proclaim that following God brings wealth, health, and happiness. Sometimes, God allows us to experience hardship. However, I believe from the bottom of my heart that the above verses are true. Listening to God…keeping His commands… tithing… seeking wisdom…these actions bring blessing. I am praying for the courage to obey so that I can reap the fruits God has promised.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We must be sisters! I am studying Proverbs this month, also!!! Sure wish we still lived next door to one another so we could share what we're learning and sip hot tea together. Doesn't that sound lovely? Remember when we planned to be neighbors in college??? Whatever happened to that idea? I love you and miss you! *HUGS*
Oh Kristen, I do miss you! Remember when we decided our mansions in heaven would be next door to each other? Hehehe
Once, when I was angry with your brother, I made him memorize Proverbs 3. Here's hoping that some of it stuck.
This is a beautiful post Melinda. I do love Psalms and Proverbs!
:)
Post a Comment