Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Remodel mess

We are in the middle of remodeling the kitchen/dining area. I use the term "we" loosely, since Brian is the one doing all of the work! However, I am left trying to care for a very busy little boy in the midst of a wrecked house. Remodeling the kitchen is different from all the other remodeling projects we have tackled. We have done two bedrooms, the office, and the master bath. With all of those rooms, we could close the door and keep the disaster area out of sight. Not so with the kitchen. You must go through our kitchen to get basically anywhere in the house. So, we regularly find ourselves tripping over power tools and painting paraphernalia and all sorts of other home repair stuff. Daniel does not understand why he can't check out all the "new" things crowding his space. In addition, cooking in the midst of the remodeling mess is not exactly fun. I keep reminding myself how wonderful it will be to have it done. To illustrate my point, see the photo below. Good bye, forty-year-old light fixture! Good riddance, dark paneling!

1 comment:

Linda Born said...

At first I thought you must be exaggerating about the age of that light fixture. Then I did math. Golly! Your light fixtures are older than Dad's and mine (our more antiquated ones are just 35)!! Brian does such beautiful work. It'll be great to see this finished project.