It seems Daniel has inherited one of my less stellar traits. He loves sweets to the exclusion of all other foods. I offer him vegetables and meat at every single meal, but he always holds out for the fruit. He loves grapes, bananas, oranges...all good things, but I just wish he would eat some veggies too! His other favorite foods are baked beans and graham crackers...both fairly sweet items. Since Daniel is allergic to milk, eggs, and nuts, he cannot have much in the way of cookies. However, my mom made him (and me) some dairy-free, egg-free pumpkin raisin cookies recently. Notice how much Daniel is enjoying them in the photos below. At least pumpkin is a very healthy food. Maybe I will have to start slipping other vegetables into his cookies!

5 comments:
Love the satisfied look on his face in the bottom photo. It's s though he's saying, "Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout...COOKIE!"
Hey! You should check out the cookbook, Deceptively Delicious, by Jessica Seinfeld. It's GREAT and is a wonderful way to include lots of healthy veggies in everyday foods. My friend loaned it to me and it's given me lots of ideas. However, I have weird children ... Erin requests cooked broccoli at pizza buffets ... however, I am the one who needs the sweets with veggies hidden inside - even if I know they're there!
Sarah,
It is so funny you mentioned that cookbook. I actually own it, and just pulled it off the shelf this week. I am going to start trying some of the recipes. I hear you about needing to hide veggies in sweets for myself. I would rather have a cookie than broccoli any day!
What cute photos! Always great to see a kiddo eating his veggies...even if it is in the form of a cookie! :)
Love your new haircut, too, Melinda! Hugs & love!
Post a Comment