Friday, September 2, 2011

Vacation Day Three

On this day of our vacation, we went to the Oklahoma City Zoo. Brian and I have always loved visiting zoos, and Daniel is enjoying them more and more as he gets older. We have found that each zoo has a different personality. The animals, the layout, the vegetation, etc. makes each zoo a unique experience. We have hopes for visiting zoos in each of the 50 states!

The first spot we visited at the Oklahoma City Zoo was the sea lions. They put on a very entertaining show for us! Otters, sea lions, and seals are almost always my favorite exhibits.

Then we headed to the herpetarium. This is almost always my least favorite exhibit, since I have a great dislike for snakes. GREAT dislike. In fact, this particular herpetarium scared me so much when I saw it several years ago, that I actually skipped most of it this time around. I did catch some cute pictures of Brian and Daniel conversing with this baby komodo dragon though!

Here are some of our other photos at the Oklahoma City Zoo. We agreed that our favorite features of this zoo were the sea lions and the enormous new elephant habitat!
Daniel loved playing in this stream and water fall area. Since it was over 100 degrees this day, the cool water felt very good!
Above Brian and Daniel are giving each other a high "foot"
instead of a high five.

After leaving the zoo, we drove on to Tulsa to spend the night. Our hotel was so-so but it did have a small indoor water park that Daniel greatly enjoyed. Stay tuned for vacation day four!

No comments: