Daniel and I made pumpkin and leaf shaped sugar cookies. Yum!

This is the first Halloween that Daniel has picked out his own costume. Lately, he has been drawn to anything that involves firefighting. His favorite book is called "Big Frank's Fire Truck." I have read that book to him so many times I could just about do it by memory! Daniel had been longing for a big firetruck. God must have seen the desire of this little boy's heart, because an enormous toy firetruck was literally left at our doorstep. I had tutored a high school student, and in appreciation, his mom brought over a firetruck that her younger son had outgrown. Daniel was in heaven! Considering all of this, Daniel naturally chose to be a firefighter for Halloween. He made an excellent one!
This Halloween, we attended the Fun Night at Grandpa Roger's church. Daniel was in the costume contest, and though he did not win, he certainly got our vote for most adorable. We also attended the Halloween party at our local library. The kids read Halloween books and then went trick or treating at the businesses around town. Below is Daniel with his good friend Caleb. As you can see, Caleb was a scarecrow and kept repeating, "If I only had a brain." Hilarious!On Halloween night, we went trick or treating and then had family over to our house for a yummy supper of finger food. Lots of fun!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Loved the fire hydrant pic! Glad you're back to the world of blog... been missing you!
Post a Comment