Friday, November 19, 2010

At the farm

One morning this week, Daniel started begging to go to the farm and see Poppy (my dad). Well, I called Dad and it just so happened that he had some cattle that needed feeding, so we decided to tag along. Daniel began getting dressed and insisted upon wearing his mud boots (like Poppy) and his hard hat (which is not like Poppy, but very manly nonetheless). I told him he had to wear a jacket, which he only agreed to after I assured him that Poppy also would be wearing a jacket. Here he is in Poppy's truck all suited up for his morning at the farm.

Here we are delivering hay to the cattle. Daniel is eating a dum dum (and clutching a screwdriver). One of his favorite things about riding in Poppy's truck is that there are usually dum dums to be found.

And here is a group of cattle chowing down...

Here is farm dog, Annie, who is enjoying freedom and excitement that she never had living in town! She almost looks like she is smiling, doesn't she?
Farmer Poppy and Farmer Daniel posing for the camera.

And a trip to the farm wouldn't be complete without stopping in at the house to see Grammy. Daniel and Grammy are showing off their winking skills. Too funny!

1 comment:

Linda Born said...

I see that I haven't mentioned that I absolutely (and predictably) LOVE this post. And you.