Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Birthday Boy

This past weekend we celebrated Daniel's 2nd birthday! He enjoyed his party very much. As family began arriving, Daniel would lead them down to our basement to see his turtle sandbox. And guess what Daddy and Mama had put inside the sandbox? Beans, of course!

The birthday lunch consisted of walking tacos, fruit skewers, and veggies. I think Daniel mainly ate grapes and Fritos. Hohum.

Daniel was looking pretty sleepy after lunch, so we went straight to opening gifts. My, oh, my, did he wake up then! He loved each present so much that he could hardly pull himself away to open the next gift. He opened his new Cars book, and immediately went over to his Great-Grandpa Johnnie to have him read it. We finally had to put it away so that he would keep opening presents.

Daniel also loved his new tractor that makes all sorts of noises and even plays the chicken dance. I've been trying to teach Daniel the actions to that song, but no luck so far. I think he feels himself to be too mature for such things. Daniel was also mighty excited about his new cozy coupe. He loves to be pushed around in that thing! The photo below shows him clutching his tractor while simultaneously getting into the cozy coupe. He wants it all, folks!
One of the most hilarious moments was watching Daniel stand in the back of his wagon and sing into the handle. He looked very serious about it too, like he was crooning some sort of love song. Every time I think about it, I start laughing!
We finished the afternoon with yummy cake and ice cream. My first cake attempt was a complete flop (don't use plastic baking pans!), but thankfully, my mom made the one below and saved the day!
We are so thankful to have our family to celebrate with us. And we praise the Lord for this precious boy. He brings such joy to all of us. Happy birthday, little man!

3 comments:

Linda Born said...

Oh my goodness, that really was the most hilarious moment--he was so soulful about singing into his pretend microphone, letting his eyes roll back a bit then dropping his head low--obviously a lot of deep emotion portrayed.

Great photos. What a blessing this boy is. XOXOXO

Pam said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday party full of fun. I particularly like the one of tractor, car and boy all together! And what a pretty food display--feast for tummy and eyes!

Jennifer said...

Melinda, I just love reading your blog. Every time I either laugh out loud or tear up, sometimes both! Isaiah used to sing into things like that also. I remember one time coming into the kitchen and finding him with his highchair upside down and he was "singing" into one of the feet. Little boys truly are precious.