Daniel's absolute favorite activity right now is playing with dried beans. We filled a container with five pounds of beans, gave him some spoons and cups, and let him play! It is like an indoor sandbox. Several times each day, Daniel will say, "Beans, beans," and I will pull out the container. Beans often get spread all over the kitchen, but it keeps little man occupied, so is definitely worth it. On Saturday morning, Daniel got Daddy to play "Beans" with him.

The beans were soon flying everywhere...notice the shower coming down on Daniel's head.

Daddy said, "You want beans on your head? I'll give you beans on your head!"

Yesterday, I pulled the beans out again, this time to occupy Daniel while I cleaned up the kitchen. I turned my back to wash some dishes, and the next thing I knew Daniel had stripped down to his t-shirt and diaper and was sitting in the beans.

He was particularly interested in how they stuck to his feet.

But, walking with beans underfoot is not very comfortable!

About two minutes after this last photo, I had gone back to washing dishes. When I glanced at him again, the diaper was lying on the floor and Daniel was sitting in the beans again. We called it quits after that...I didn't want the bean box to become a litter box.
2 comments:
I so look forward to your posts! I just smile or laugh or cry or sigh--just depending on what your are sharing. And the pictures of Daniel! THANK YOU!
Oh my gosh I am still laughing. I starting chuckling at the "...I'll give you beans on your head" photo and then laughed out loud at the "beans underfoot." But beans as a litter box? ROFL!!!! Grandma Linda
Post a Comment