Monday, November 16, 2009
It's Snowing!
I always want the first snow of the year to fall on my birthday. I can't ever recall it happening, but this year it certainly got close. I hope some of this snow will be around tomorrow for my actual birthday! Look at the view from our front door this morning.
Daniel was so amazed by all the snow. I bundled him up good and we went out to play! At first he was a little disconcerted by the snow hitting his face. Then, he picked up a handful and took a bite. He really liked eating it for awhile (we steered clear of dirty snow), but then he found out it was fun to roll around in. He would run a little ways, then purposely fall down. It was a hoot to watch!
I thought these mums looked so pretty covered in snow.
Although I love the snow, I am dreading being cooped up in the house this winter. Daniel loves being outside so much! We might have to invest in some more farm toys. Those seem to be the one thing that truly keeps him occupied indoors. These photos below show him playing with Uncle Jonathan's farm toys at Grandpa and Grandma's house.
This child never ceases to amaze me with his knowledge of farm machinery. At the age of 18 months he could correctly identify a tractor, baler, sprayer, and combine (something I couldn't do until I was probably 20 years old). This fall we have ridden with my dad in the combine several times. Daniel has obviously paid close attention on these trips, because he set up the toys below all by himself. This is exactly how the real equipment is arranged out in the field.
Daniel says, "Beans, beans," and points to the auger, where the soybeans pour out. He's going to know more about the whole process than I do in about five minutes. Luckily, his daddy, grandpa, and uncle can quite capably take over his farming education.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the photo of him in the snow. He's so interested in everything and so quick to learn through observation--reminds me of Brian. I am amazed with you by his knowledge of farm equipment. Mom Linda
Thank you for sharing pics of Daniel as he grows. I loved seeing and hearing about the snow too. How amazing that he can do that with the farm equipment toys!
Oh btw, the new background is so pretty! Hey, I noted that someone from India spent 12 minutes perusing your blog. Interesting.
Post a Comment