On Saturday morning Daniel awoke at 5:45 a.m. Evidently, he missed the memo saying that mom and dad would really like to sleep in a little . Oh well. Maybe when he is a teenager he will sleep later. Anyway, Daniel was off and running first thing. He went immediately to the back door and started pounding on it to go outside. Brian and I were still half asleep and would not fulfill his request. A couple hours later I said, "Daniel, should we go outside and feed the dog?" He immediately got his jacket and brought it to me. I put it on him, and then he disappeared again, this time coming back with a pair of sunglasses. I laughingly put those on him too, and we went outside. He looked so cute in his turtle pajamas, red jacket, and shades that I had to snap some photos.

One cool dude

Hangin' with the dog
Today we were outdoors planting geraniums and watering the new grass when we came across an earthworm. This was Daniel's first encounter with a worm, and he certainly enjoyed it.

This next photo shows him attempting to eat his new little friend. Luckily, Brian intercepted just in time.

And finally, here are some photos of Daniel in his new swing. He just loves being in it...for about two minutes. Then, he is ready to do something else. He especially likes when Annie runs around underneath him, barking and jumping at his feet!


4 comments:
These are the best yet. The photos of him in the swing made me so homesick to see him--he's changed just since I saw him a few days ago. I have my reservations about the photo of him holding the night crawler--looks too much like Sneaky Snake. Mom Linda
The worm fascination is just starting! Samuel loves to find worms and carry them around with him in his hands. He says its to keep the robins from eating them. Enjoy this stage! ;-)
So so fun! Truly makes me wish I was there hangin' out and playing too! :) My fav pic is the last one. Chillin' in the new swing (w/ his crocs, of course). What a cutie! Trying to taste the worm - classic. :)
Love the worm & the swing! :) It is so fun to see how Daniel is growing up & learning to love all things outdoors. I bet Brian is so happy about that!
Thank you, too, for posting all the other fun stories (fishing, crocs, snakes, etc.) for us to read. We really love catching up with you on your blog!
Love & hugs!
Post a Comment