
When Brian and I were first dating, he had a motorcycle. I loved riding on the back of that thing with him! He sold it before he moved to Washington, but on nice days we still often say, "This would be a great afternoon for a motorcycle ride!" Well, recently my brother bought a motorcycle, and he brought it home from college yesterday. Oh, Brian had such fun taking it for a spin! I also got to ride on it, but I must say, I have changed somewhat since my college days. I am so much more safety conscious. When Brian got going over 40 mph, I started yelling for him to slow down. You feel (and are) so much more vulnerable on a motorcycle than in a car. First of all, you are balanced on two narrow wheels instead of four. You are completely out in the open. And it only takes a little loose gravel or a squirrel in the wrong place at the wrong time for things to go awry. I kept mentioning helmets to my brother, but notice how I hopped right on without wearing one myself. Good grief.


Daniel just loved sitting on the motorcycle, and I am already beginning to pray about his future desire to have one of his own. Sigh.

I love this photo of my brother and Danny. Everyone says they look so much alike. They do have identical hair and eye color, but my baby photos look more like Daniel than Jonathan's do. And Daniel definitely has some of his daddy mixed in there too.
1 comment:
These pics are great! I had such fun reading this post. I had no idea Brian used to have a motorcycle. Nor did I know you had actually zipped around on it with him. You are full of surprises Miss Melinda. ;)
I do second that helmet point you were trying to make to Jonathan though.
Post a Comment