Thursday, October 25, 2007

One itchy family!

Every summer, I (Melinda) manage to get poison ivy. Most of the time, I have no idea where I came in contact with it. This year I actually made it to October before the dreadful poison ivy struck. And to make matters worse, Brian got it as well. He noticed the tell-tale patch of red bumps on his arm first. He had never gotten it before and had previously assumed he was not allergic. Guess he was wrong. Praise the Lord for Zanfel! If you ever get poison ivy, I highly recommend it.

Annie must have felt left out because she promptly began scratching like crazy too! The vet diagnosed her as having grass allergies. Can you imagine a dog being allergic to grass? We got her hooked up with some doggy Prednisone, and she felt better almost immediately. I snapped the pictures below while Annie and Brian were napping together. They were both wiped out from a hard day of work...although I am not exactly sure what kind of work Annie had been doing. :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After looking at these photos I feel that I MUST get a dog. What comfort! What coziness!! Oh, why don't you just let me borrow Annie? Well, as soon as that little rash problem is taken care of that is...Love you guys.

Jennifer said...

You poor family, you! I have a lot of family that are alergic to posion ivy, too. (I'm going to have to remember that med. you mentioned)
Did Brian get new glasses? I hope the flooring went in easily this afternoon. Always great getting to see you both (and baby) at church! Hope you have a great week!

Kasey said...

Roy misses Annie. Nobody will play with him like she does.

Melinda said...

Hi Kasey! Annie misses Roy too. She saw a Brittany yesterday, and I think she momentarily believed it was Roy. You should have seen her eyes light up!