At the age of three, Daniel has many, many interests. When asked what he wants to be when he grows up, he said either a fireman or a cowboy. He loves pretend play, loves dressing up in costume, and loves reenacting stories with his toys. Of course, he is a big fan of John Deere farm equipment and anything else farm related. He also enjoys "making food" for everyone with his set of play food and new kitchen!
Daniel loves books with his current favorite being "What Do People Do All Day?" by Richard Scarry. He often sits down and looks at books by himself for long periods of time.
When asked his favorite food, he said, "Black olives." He is probably right! His other favorites are pizza (with black olives) and Subway sandwiches (with black olives). I see a pattern here! Oh, and he inherited his mama's sweet tooth too. Everyday I field multiple requests for jelly beans, orange candy, and marshmallows!
For his birthday party this year, we settled on a Thomas the train theme (after much debate between that and fire engines). I baked the cake and my mom decorated it. Thanks, Mom!
Here are some more party pics!
2 comments:
I love that he insisted on wearing his new cowboy outfit to church the next morning, and that true negotiation skills were required on your part to keep him from adding the leather chaps and hat to his ensemble. He arrived at Sunday School wearing the boots and vest!
I think my favorite gift he received was that Fisher Price kitchen with sound effects of running water and many other bells and whistles. And of course I'm thrilled to hear him singing "D says /d/..." as he's learned from his new leapfrog alphabet game.
One might look at Daniel's pile of gifts and fear he will be spoiled, but I don't think you can spoil a child with too much love! Daniel is just very well loved and thus has learned how to love in return. That shines through his little face in each photo of him with his loved ones.
Happy Birthday to Daniel! What a blessed little boy! It looks like you all had a wonderful time!
Post a Comment