Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Family Vacation--Day 1

Brian, Daniel, and I left this morning for our first family vacation. Our destination--Omaha, Nebraska! Here are photos from our first vacation day.

Good bye, home!

Daniel with his first surprise bag. We bought a few small goodies and separated them into different sacks for him to open during the trip. I think his favorite surprises were the Cars fruit snacks and the crocodile dentist game.

We stopped for a picnic lunch at Gage park in Topeka.

Daniel and me playing on the caboose.

We made it to Omaha! Here we are at the Spaghetti Works in the Old Market District. Daniel ate his whole entire spaghetti meal. Perhaps it will make up for the fact that he ate almost no lunch! We came back to our hotel and went swimming for awhile, but the water was so cold! And now, it is pouring rain outside. I hope it stops tomorrow when we have our trip to the zoo planned!

2 comments:

Linda Born said...

Ohhhhh these photos--priceless! Love them, love you. Daniel's little face is changing from toddler to boy, and he's learned to paste on an attractive and photo worthy smile at need. I can't believe how he's growing and changing! And I'm so grateful you are having this blessed family time together, and for Daniel's parents, who love him and each other so much. I love seeing y'all love one another!!!!

Linda Born said...

My favorite photo is the spaghetti face. Too funny.