Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sugar cookies

On Valentine's Day, I wanted to make a special sweet treat for Daniel. Due to his milk, egg, and peanut allergy, he cannot have most store-bought candy or most baked goods. What I really wanted to make him were heart-shaped sugar cookies, so I began searching for a good allergen free recipe. And let me tell you, I hit the jackpot! I highly recommend the Food Allergy Mama's website. Highly recommend. Her recipes look excellent, and the the two I have tried (pancakes and sugar cookies) were awesome. She has a cookbook too, and I am definitely buying it. All her recipes are milk, egg, and nut free.
Here are some photos of Daniel and I making the cookies. He likes helping me bake, and he especially likes getting little nibbles along the way. He probably ate 3 or 4 cookies worth of dough before we were done.




4 comments:

Pam said...

How can pictures make an Aunt cry? Well, ok, tears if not actual boo-whoing. I think I love your posts and pics as much for the memories they bring back to me as I do for the joy of being a "part" of your lives via this blog! Daniel appears to be a very good helper, and those cookies are sure pretty!

Linda Born said...

Crying. There is a photo of you and mom making sugar cookies at that very same counter (brief moment of feeling overcome by emotion here...)

(Attempt to defuse the emotion with laughter)...It really was on that very, exact same Formica counter--I think you could legitimately vote for new countertops for your Christmas present next year...

Melinda said...

I would love new counter tops. And I would also love to see that photo of Grandma and me making cookies.
Love you, mom, and love you, Aunt Pam. Thanks for the wonderful comments from both of you!

Jenny said...

I read her blog all of the time! She has the best allergy-free recipes. I'm so glad you found her blog too.