This morning Daniel and I were playing in the yard when I happened to notice our teenage neighbor walking down the street with an armload of books. My, he is up early, I thought to myself. And then I realized...today is the first day of school!!! Daniel and I also saw our little five-year-old neighbor boy, who was getting in the car with his parents and going to his first day of kindergarten. As we walked around the yard, we saw several mini vans and two buses all headed toward the school. I was suddenly swept away with that anxious, excited feeling I always have when school begins. I could almost smell the squeaky clean hallways and the sharpened pencils! I wished I had some new school supplies to open and put my name on. Ahhh!
And then the sudden thought struck me. In the blink of an eye, it will be a five-year-old Daniel climbing into our car, as we head off to the first day of kindergarten. Lump in my throat. Yet another reason to treasure every day we have here at home, just the two of us.
Daniel and I enjoyed some back to school fun at the library. We went for the very first story time of the new school year. The librarian read several books about fall and school, and I came home wanting to make a big pot of chili and attend a high school football game. I love fall!
5 comments:
I hear you about all the anxious thoughts with sending our little ones to school. I look at Sadie and can't believe how quickly she is getting away from me. Where did this independence come from??? I officially have two more summers with her being all mine... then the public school system will become our mission field. Thankful that the Lord is going to pave the way for that journey!
The pictures a so wonderful! I am so glad you share them with us all.
As I am traveling back through blog land, I smile, settling in to peruse your precious blog. It is pleasant and warm and inviting. Like an old friend asking me in for coffee and a chat. We look at sweet pictures and share stories. We laugh and maybe tear up a bit, too. When I leave my heart feels full. I am blessed. Thanks for sharing these special memories you're making with all of us Melinda. It is wonderful! You are doing a remarkable job!!!
I like what Kristen said, "...then the public school system will become our mission field." That's such an encouraging thought.
I love your blog. I love the way Melody summed it up, "It is pleasant and warm and inviting...Thanks for sharing these special memories you're making..."
God bless you in your anointing as wife, mother, teacher, and homemaker. God bless you, period!
You girls are so sweet. I love all of you!
Post a Comment