Monday, July 28, 2008

Something new on the menu

Daniel has begun solids! I have wanted to start him on solids for several weeks now, but our doctor recommended waiting until he was six months old. However, Daniel is a very big boy, and I finally decided we would go ahead and start a few weeks early. I am desperate for him to begin sleeping through the night, and everyone said that cereal would help accomplish that goal. So, Brian and I set up the high chair, bought some rice cereal, and got out the bibs. That first evening we had the camera and camcorder fired up. I opened the box of rice cereal and poured some out. We were somewhat surprised by this long awaited "solid." I am not sure if we were expecting rice crispies or what, but this rice cereal was more like rice flakes...or rice powder. Interesting, we thought. I mixed it up with some milk, and away we went. Daniel absolutely loved it! He kept grabbing the spoon and pulling it to his mouth. This made things pretty messy, and by the time we were finished, he had cereal all over himself, us, the highchair, etc. We all had a good time, and that first feeding was very well documented, as you can see below.

Bring it on!

Mmmmm!


3 comments:

Linda Born said...

Love the intent look on dear Brian's face!

Anonymous said...

I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating (again). Daniel is SO cute, cute, cute! First cereal ~ yea! I know what you mean btw. I always thought they should call it first soup or first goop or something. I remember seeing it and thinking it looked kinda like the "food" they served the ship's crew in the "Matrix." Lol. I am so glad you and Brian actually got to share this time and memory-making milestone together. What a great blessing that is. Daddy and mommy taking turns and pictures, sweetness. I really enjoyed this. Thank you for sharing it with all of us. Praying for you all.
Blessings - Melody

Melinda said...

Melody! Thanks so much for your comment. First "soup" is certainly a better name for that stuff. Just lately Daniel has decided he does not like it anymore. I really can't blame him. :)
I love reading your blog. It always ministers to me. Thank you!