Here is another photo (taken at home without any of the above hassle). This is his first day in short sleeves. What cute arms he has!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
God Hears
From the time I was small, my mom taught me to pray about anything and everything. She told me that Jesus wants us to cry out to Him, no matter the size or silliness of our problems. This lesson played out in living color on Sunday. Brian and I decided to get family photos taken, so we made the appointment and got ourselves ready. As we were making the one hour trip to the mall, we decided to pray for our photo session. Those of you with little ones know what a fiasco getting photos can be. First you have to find coordinating outfits. Then you have get everyone cleaned, dressed, and out the door on time. In our case, we had to drive an hour, which is pretty sketchy with Daniel. Sometimes he does fine in the car, and sometimes he screams at the top of his lungs. We also had to coordinate his feedings, so that he was in a good mood for the photos, yet not spitting up on his outfit (or anything else for that matter). So, as you can see, this whole expedition required prayer. And God certainly answered our pleas! Daniel slept the whole way to the photo studio (answer #1). When we got the mall, we had 30 minutes to spare, so I decided to nurse him before going inside. He is always in the best mood when he has a full tummy (aren't we all), so we decided to risk the spitting up for the smiles. I nursed him in the backseat of the car without mishap, but when I was burping him, he filled his diaper. Maybe I should say over-filled, because we quickly realized that some leakage had occurred. Now, I was wearing my photo clothes, which included a white shirt and khaki pants. Any stain would have shown up clear as day. Daniel, on the other hand, was not wearing his photo clothes (praise the Lord!). Fortunately, we had planned to change him when we arrived. So, as delicately as possible, I passed Daniel from the back seat of our extremely small car to the front seat where there was a little more room to change him. Somehow, we managed to get his old outfit off, get him cleaned up (poop was on his back, foot, bottom, etc.), and get his diaper changed without getting anything on the car or ourselves. We made it to the photo studio with five minutes to spare, AND Daniel smiled for the pictures without spitting up. Now, is that an answered prayer or what?
Here is another photo (taken at home without any of the above hassle). This is his first day in short sleeves. What cute arms he has!
Here is another photo (taken at home without any of the above hassle). This is his first day in short sleeves. What cute arms he has!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What an adventure! I am excited to see what these photos look like. Be sure to bring one to church sometime! God answers our prayers in the little things, too! Isn't that GREAT?! What an amazing God we serve!
How fun and what memories you all are making!!! So nice to keep up with everyone and their baby adventures!
Isn't it fun to learn together? Did you ever think anything could be so hard but so rewarding especially when a smile appears?
Hugs to you all and keep up the good work raising your little guy!!!
Sue and Larry too! :o)
Erin always pooped before photos and family gatherings (when, of course, she was wearing her cute outfits!). I don't remember praying before hand, but as this third baby arrives, I know I have learned much more, the value of praying the little things! Daniel is precious - I think he has more hair than Avery!
Post a Comment