Thursday, December 27, 2007

Say hello to our herd!

For quite some time, my brother and Brian have thrown around the idea of starting their own herd of cattle. I thought these musings were fun to discuss, but would probably never happen... at least not anytime soon. However, this Christmas proved me wrong! My dad took matters into his own hands and gave Brian and I two bred Hereford cows for Christmas. My brother received a matching pair as well. It looks like our herd has started! See how pretty they are?

In other news, I had another sonogram today. The technician estimated that our baby already weighs 5 pounds, 14 ounces! That is almost a pound larger than average. Whoa! All of his measurements were about two weeks further along than he actually is. I think we are going to have a big boy on our hands! I have the feeling he might arrive before his due date too. We will see!

3 comments:

Kasey said...

hello to your herd! that's so cool.

john said...

I'll remember those faces so should I come back to KS to do a little cow tipping your herd is safe...
Thats cool, its official that you're ranchers...

Jennifer said...

That is SO neat-o! Congrats! I also loved reading your Christmas blog...helicopters flying!
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow @ church.
Hugs!