Monday, February 22, 2010

Water Sports

Daniel's very most favorite thing to do is play with his Daddy's tools. This activity is especially fun when Daddy is home, and they play together with the tools. However, a close second to tool-playing is water-playing. Daniel loves playing with water at the sink. He is constantly lugging chairs, benches, boxes, buckets over to the sink...anything that will give him enough height to reach the faucet. He pours water between cups and bowls, stirs with spoons and spatulas, and runs his toy cars through the downpour. As you might imagine, these activities cause quite a flood on the kitchen counters and floor. But, alas, it keeps him busy and develops those fine motor skills, so I don't complain. Too much.

See that huge stream of water headed to the floor in the above photo?

And that apron provided no protection. His clothes were completely drenched afterward. But, he sure looked cute, don't you think?

The photo below shows Daniel in our bathroom. He had carefully removed the lid of the trashcan and set it aside. Thankfully, he also removed the trash liner and neatly placed that to the side too. Then, he turned the trashcan upside down for a makeshift stool. This all happened without my knowledge during the 30 seconds I dared to take my eyes off him. Of course, when I found him I had to snap some photos. He knows if Mommy is taking pictures he must not be in too much trouble.


2 comments:

Linda Born said...

I love that he removed the trash liner. Very tidy! That bathroom Brian remodeled looks so pretty in the photo. And Daniel looks so sweet in every shot--I especially like the one taken from behind--floor length apron, hair sticking up, hands busy; oh cuteness.

Pam said...

I agree with Daniel's grandmother--CUTENESS. How fun that you called it "water sports!" Soon we will have other sports pictures and all kinds of reasons to wear hats and helmets and other neat stuff. Better save your pennies!