Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day



At this point, you are probably laughing or feeling deep sympathy for the little boy whose parents put him in this get-up. Or perhaps you are doing both!

Well, let me explain. We did not set out to dress Daniel as cupid and photograph him. It all began when I got an offer for 12 free photo cards from Shutterfly. I had to use the offer before January 31st, and the only upcoming occasion that could possibly warrant photo cards was Valentine's Day. So, I set about creating Valentine's photo cards. I planned to use a photo that I had already taken, but nothing seemed just right. Then, I had the bright idea to dress Daniel in his new red sweater, maybe even have him hold a heart, and snap his photo. As I discussed this plan with Brian, he came up with a better idea: "Let's dress him as cupid!" And so the madness began. Brian carefully crafted the wings from an old cardboard box and wrapped them with aluminum foil. I cut the heart out of paper and glued it together. I found an old pair of white cheerleading tights from high school, and we used those to cover his diaper. We used hair ribbon (another relic from my cheerleading days) to hook the wings on his arms, and there you have it. Cupid. And isn't he just adorable?

As we were putting the wings on him, Brian said, "When he gets older, he will not be happy about these photos." Oh, I imagine that is quite the understatement. Can't you see us showing them to his first girlfriend? Oh glory! At least this blog is private now. Instead of everyone on the world wide web having access to these photos, now just our closest friends and family do. Hehehe.

6 comments:

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam said...

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! How cute is this and man, oh man, how he will dislike these pics for sure! You and Brian make a pretty creative team! Cutest cupid boy I have ever seen. Have to say boy cause they have one of Avalon as a cupid girl!

Linda Born said...

Hey I want to see Avalon as Cupid Girl!

Love these photos of our Danny, but recommend that you put them somewhere under lock and key as soon as he reaches the age of, say, 4. Maybe sooner. He's a pretty intuitive little man. Next time better dress him up as a cowboy holding a bunch of daisies for his favorite girl (aka, MOM).

Melinda said...

I want to see Avalon as Cupid too!!!

Linda Born said...

Oh too funny--double click on the photo that has the adult hand in it and get a load of the expression on Daniel's face! He's going along with the two mad designers who have concocted this outfit--but his face definitely reveals a hint of "Oh my gosh I love these people but what ARE they doing to me..."

Pam said...

I got my very own Valentine Cupid card! I am very happy! Thank you so much!