Sunday, July 12, 2009

Newest hobby

I love to crochet! It is so satisfying and makes me feel very... domestic! Brian bought me a crochet book and supplies for Mother's Day, so I have been using spare moments here and there to learn the stitches and make some projects. Here are my first creations... a couple flowers and a jewelery roll. I have no idea why anyone would need a jewelery roll, but I made one nonetheless. My next project is an envelope purse, which I already started and then completely unraveled. Hohum. Perhaps someday, I will work up to making something I (or someone else) will actually use! Watch out, family members! I see crocheted Christmas gifts in your future. :)

If you are thinking, "Is that ALL she has made in two months?" then please remember that spare moments are awfully hard to come by around here. :)

1 comment:

Linda Born said...

Your creations are so pretty. I'm thinking a crocheted muffler (scarf) would be a swell Christmas gift...a heathery gray perhaps??? Just a thought...