Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sick baby

Our little guy has been so sick this weekend. He made it through his first fifteen months without ever having a fever, but on Friday morning, he was burning hot. I was alarmed by how lethargic he was and how he refused to eat or drink anything. We took him to the doctor, and his throat was very red but the strep test came back negative. We headed home with instructions to just "treat the symptoms." So, we spent the whole weekend trying to make our little guy as comfortable as possible. This morning was the first day he seemed better.
We missed my ten year class reunion on Saturday and the zoo trip we had planned for Sunday. I was lamenting that Daniel had to be sick on a three-day weekend, but the flip side is that Brian was not at work and available to help me. Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

Melody Milbrandt said...

Oh sweet baby boy I have been a prayin' for you this whole time. And for mommy and daddy, too. Feel ALL better soon!
Hugs - Melody

Melinda said...

Thank you, Melody. We appreciate it!