Monday, August 18, 2008
Five years ago today
...Brian and I got engaged! I just adore our love story. We met in college when I was a freshman and he was a senior. We were at a harvest party for Christian Challenge. Brian knew how to swing dance, and I was watching from the sidelines as he took different girls around the floor. I desperately wanted to dance with him. And I about fainted when he asked me! We danced together for the rest of the night. A few weeks later, we began dating. However, God was calling both of us in different directions, so just after Christmas we went our separate ways. We remained friends, but slowly lost touch after he graduated. I had not talked to him for almost two years when an email arrived from him. He had moved about 2,000 miles away and was working as a hot shop technician in an art museum. Over the next two months we traded many, many emails. He returned home to see me in July, and we were engaged by August. The day he proposed is forever engraved on my mind. Brian and I had gotten up early to see the sunrise together. We were on a hill just south of my family's home. The sun was coming up over the water as we talked and read our devotionals together. On the water's edge landed several great white egrets. We ventured over to them for a closer view, and when I turned around, Brian was down on one knee asking me to marry him. Of course, I immediately said yes! He is my best friend and the love of my life. I am so thankful that God wrote such a sweet, sweet love story for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ahhh, the blessings of Psalm 126:3. Praise God for His promises, His provision, and His steadfast presence through all the times of our lives. Can't believe it's been five years for you. God bless you.
Oh Melinda and Brian, what a wonderful story - real-life story. God is SO good. I love it! This had me in tears. Sweet tears, happy tears. I had never gotten to hear the story of how the Lord brought you two together as one, under Him. So beautiful. Makes me sing praises to Him on your behalf. What a mighty God we serve.
"Five-year" hugs to you both - Melody
Melody, I think this sentiment comes to mind about every time I read something you've written but maybe you don't tire of it--I LOVE YOU! Aunt Linda
I remember watching you eyes dance as you told me you were engaged, and I remember barely making it to your wedding (due to a flat tire in a rain storm), but every time I hear Psalm 55, I think of you two, and it is now one of my favorites! Thanks for sharing your story and your lives with us!
Post a Comment